OK. I put this in the category of failed experiments. I am sure trim tabs are great, but not on this dinghy. I think the problem is that they are too close to the tubes and outboard. Not enough room on the little transom.
I spent some quality time working on the starboard door a while ago. That post is here.
I took advantage of the good weather last weekend and got the port door done also. This door was quite a bit easier. Just a bit of sanding and spraying on the outside, and a quick wipe with polyurethane on the inside.
We spent two nights at Wallace Island and two nights in Montague. It’s been four days since we’ve seen the sun. Smoke from forest fires in the region covered the area. The weather has been nice, just no sun and blue sky. Maybe there were clouds from time to time, but we couldn’t see them.