We are on the hard at Sea Marine in Port Townsend. For three weeks now. We should be floating again on Friday. We have been chasing vibration problems for a while. This yard visit should resolve most of it. Fingers crossed.Continue reading
We left our last exciting episode on a cliff hanger. The fancy Polyflex mounts didn’t fit and were sent back. New mounts from American Diesel were winging their way to us.
The new mounts arrived. Bruce foolishly came back to help once more.
Here are the old and new mounts. The new mount on the left is American Diesel’s part number 831-0326.
Last year, we bought new motor mounts from Poly Flex. I wrote about that here. It was a project for this winter. Time to get to it. I mustered the courage and conned my friend Bruce into helping me out. I figured he was good for all the hard stuff. Sooner or later he is going to get wise to me. I have to get as much work out of him as I can before he does.
Cam at West Coast Marine Diesel noticed the port engine was vibrating left and right a bit when were in Sidney. After further investigation, he recommended we replace our engine mounts. We replaced the prop shaft and cutlass bearings on the port side two years ago. We certainly don’t want engine vibration to damage any of that rather expensive work. We also have no idea how long the current mounts have been on the boat. For all we know they could be the original mounts. Replacing them seems like a reasonable thing to do. And, of course, it is another project for me.