Last year, we bought new motor mounts from Poly Flex. I wrote about that here. It was a project for this winter. Time to get to it. I mustered the courage and conned my friend Bruce into helping me out. I figured he was good for all the hard stuff. Sooner or later he is going to get wise to me. I have to get as much work out of him as I can before he does.
We are selling a pair of Hobie Mirage Revolution 11 kayaks. Oddly, we managed to acquire two more than we need. It’s handy when friends come to visit, but that doesn’t justify keeping four kayaks around. It is time for two to find a new home.
OK. I put this in the category of failed experiments. I am sure trim tabs are great, but not on this dinghy. I think the problem is that they are too close to the tubes and outboard. Not enough room on the little transom.
I spent some quality time working on the starboard door a while ago. That post is here.
I took advantage of the good weather last weekend and got the port door done also. This door was quite a bit easier. Just a bit of sanding and spraying on the outside, and a quick wipe with polyurethane on the inside.
For those of you who have been waiting breathlessly for the recipe Rusty referred to in the Third of July post, this is it! I have to credit my mother for it, she was a phenomenal cook, and I’m sorry to say I inherited none of that. But this recipe is so easy, even I can prepare it.